• Advertisement

dashboard

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

dashboard

Postby andrewward » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm

I need to remove dashboard how can I do this ? thanks
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

City: Santa Venera
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 91, 2.8 TD

Re: dashboard

Postby Captcol » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 am

Which part?

Start by taking off the lower covers under the dash, about 6 screws, you can then undo the bonnet release, if you have the hand throttle I haven't worked out how to disconnect this. Then I think it is 2 -4 more screws that release the cover for the speedo cluster. If you need to remove the speedo cluster then you can undo the screws to release this, unplug connections etc, you may need to remove the steering wheel to get this out (haven't needed to try this yet) beware you follow the instructions if you have an airbag.

If you need to get into the radio side of things, remove the ash tray insert, then the bottom section of surround plastic pops off, then I think it is 4 screws (2 top and 2 bottom) to remove the remainder of the surround.

I think that is right, running from memory with not much sleep the last week or so.

Edit: I think the speedo cluster surround and radio surround are one piece, so release the lower cover, then the ashtray part then the upper dash cover.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby andrewward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks captcol, i will get to it first thing tomorrow, there is a strange rattle noise coming from the inside that has been buging me for a while dont know were its coming from !
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

Postby Captcol » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 am

I have a rattle behind the glove box I can't find, also the passenger side bonnet hinge seems to vibrate ... need to check that
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

Postby andrewward » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

hi again I have undone all the screws you mentioned but there are 2 bolts need to be undone behind the air outlet at the top left and right , but the dash still dose not come off, I think there is another bolt behind the clock maybe don't know, the rattle sound behind the glove box is similar to mine, can't sort out what the hek this is ?,are ther any more bolts that need undone ?
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

Postby Captcol » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 am

SOunds like you have got nearly as far as me, the are some screws down the side of the glove box as well, you can also drop the glove box down as well.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

Postby andrewward » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi capcol, seems we have the same problem, have you sorted it out yet ?mine is still stuck, why should this be so complicated I don't know :x ,please let me know when you have some progress,thanks
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

Postby andrewward » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi capcol, I found this from a manual, hope this will help, good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion