• Advertisement

Has anyone run Adventuro MT's

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Has anyone run Adventuro MT's

Postby suza2 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 am

I am looking at replacing my Firestone ATX tyre's which have been great but Firestone nolonger make them :twisted: :cry: . I have looked at the new Firestone MT tyre but it dosn't look quite right for what I do and I have seen some issues on friends vehicles with both there Distinatation HT and AT. So I have started looking around and the GT Radial Adventuro looks like it might do the trick but I cann't find anyone who I know who is running them to see how they go.
suza2
Isuzu Baby

City: St Arnaud
Vehicle: 1992 Bighorn, 3.1 TD 4jg2, 75mm suspension lift

Re: Has anyone run Adventuro MT's

Postby geeves » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 am

There were 2 ATX tyres. One was an AT the other was the most aggressive in there range. The new Destination MT is winning a few fans in Wellington but is only in 31 inch.
The Adventuro is getting mixxed reviews with people absolutelu loveing them or hateing them. They dont hold sidles as well as other tyres. Also they arent lasting as well as the old Savero. You can still find Saveros if you hunt around
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby mulover » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 am

My mate had those adventuros and he hated them, he's had GT Saveros for years and love them. The adventuro's don't go very well off road, and don't hold well on a wet road either.
Oh how i miss my mu, the lux is just not the same :(
mulover
Isuzu Master

City: Mackay
Vehicle: 1990 toyota hilux single cab 2.8

Postby suza2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Well today was a great day I managed to find possibly the last ever set of Firestone ATX so at this stage I don't need to change
suza2
Isuzu Baby

City: St Arnaud
Vehicle: 1992 Bighorn, 3.1 TD 4jg2, 75mm suspension lift

Postby Demonic » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 am

Flicking back through some old copys of NZ4WD mag, Their Project 8K (Jeep Cherokee) has the GT Radial Adventuro on it.... so they must be Ok....
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby geeves » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 am

They dont have a lot of side grip but heaps of in line grip so they will blast you through a mud hole like the best tyres but are more likely to slip on a side slope.
A similar comment has been made about baja claws and there copies
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion