• Advertisement

'94 Rodeo V-Belts, DAYCO Part numbers

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

'94 Rodeo V-Belts, DAYCO Part numbers

Postby Yankee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello All,

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

To make a long story short. Does anybody know the exact Dayco V-belt part numbers for a '94 Rodeo, diesel (4JB1) with A/C and P/S. The 2 identical v-belts (Dayco 17600, 13A1525, 60in.) for the power steering pump and air conditioner compressor seems to be the perfect length. If I loosen the power steering pump and slid it back, I can take the old belts off and put the new belts on, slide the power steering pump back forward, tight bolts, all good.

But the belt for the alternator (Dayco 22400, 15A1015, 40in.) seems to be short by an inch (25mm) or so... or more. I have to actually remove the air conditioner compressor to get access to the alternator, remove all mounting bolts for the alternator so it is all the way forward to get the new belt on. Then it's a real b@stard to get the alternator mounting bolts started again since the alternator is being pulled so far forward by the new belt.

Anybody else have this problem when changing the alternator belt on a '94 Rodeo?

I'm using these size belts because that is what was on my Rodeo when I got it back in '97.

Possibly I should try a Dayco 22410 V-belt which is a inch longer at 41 inches?

Any comments most appreciated.

Yankee
Yankee
Isuzu Baby

City: Karratha
Vehicle: '92 Holden Rodeo, 4JB1-TT, 4WD, 2.8 Liter, Diesel, Turbo, Air, 280km

Re: '94 Rodeo V-Belts, DAYCO Part numbers

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:37 pm

sound valid. The first number is length and width but the kicker is that some companies measure the inside of the belt and some the outside. Probably find a gates with the same number will fit
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: '94 Rodeo V-Belts, DAYCO Part numbers

Postby Yankee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks for the reply Geeves.
Yankee
Isuzu Baby

City: Karratha
Vehicle: '92 Holden Rodeo, 4JB1-TT, 4WD, 2.8 Liter, Diesel, Turbo, Air, 280km