• Advertisement

thinking of buying 97 3.1 jackaroo

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

thinking of buying 97 3.1 jackaroo

Postby stardog » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Well im thinking of buying a 97 jackaroo with a 3.1 engine in it 5 speed manual looks in good nick as well as I need a bit more space than my MU has.
The problem is can I change the lokka front diff from my mu into it I know the bighorn is the same as jackaroo but not sure of diff ratio is 4.3 as well but I find every time I go out bush I need the trailer for all my camping stuff to fit even my 52 liter fridge not much room left in the back of the MU at all but the Mu is great to drive dam its a hard decision to make.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: thinking of buying 97 3.1 jackaroo

Postby geeves » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:29 pm

If your Mu was 3.1 and original diffs the heads will swap no issue Pays to check tho either by a rotation or tooth count. If the Mu in top gear is doing 2500rpm at 100kph on about 31 inch tyres I would put a dollar on it being 4.3
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion