• Advertisement

new owner

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

new owner

Postby terrycra » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 pm

hi just brought a 96 bighorn 3.1 litre, any ideas on what to do to keep it going ,as stated in earlyer post that it starts well in the nelson frosts of 1 degree or so,but does have a problem where it will hunt for about 30 or so seconds ,any way thats another one i will get to the bottom of, I here that some ,put a catch can on ,but what other things have to be done with this,by the way this vehical has done 203000 k/s, been serviced every 7000 k/s ,im the second nz owner,and have all the service records from when it came in nz .cheers to all.
terrycra
Isuzu Baby

City: nelson
Vehicle: 1996 isuzu bighorn diesel

Re: new owner

Postby geeves » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Servicing every 7000 with good oil and a filter will see you right. Do also keep the antifreeze level correct and an eye on water and oil levels. A catch can has no benefit unless your engine is burning oil. I have the same engine in a Wizard and the earlier engine in a bighorn both with slightly higher mileage and neither have catch cans and no reason to fit. Do the fuel filter every second or third oil change and same with air filter if you are using a paper filter. If you have fitted a cotton or foam filter it will need cleaning that often by the makers instructions.
If its auto check the auto fluid regularly and replace every 30000km Good idea to do the filter at the same time
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion