• Advertisement

98 tf holden rodeo 2.8 turbo diesel upgrades?

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

98 tf holden rodeo 2.8 turbo diesel upgrades?

Postby Jamie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi guys I'm new to this so uhm here goes
I own a 1998 tf holden rodeo and I'm looking to do the old girl up because it is a reliable ute wondering how and what I can do to make her go better and also how do I make it look better please advice would be muchly appreciated:)
Jamie
I'm only here for the information

City: sydney
Vehicle: Holden TF rodeo 4x4 2.8 turbo diesel

Re: 98 tf holden rodeo 2.8 turbo diesel upgrades?

Postby MrRevhead » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Check out what people do to the 2.8 MU, same engine.
What I'd do:
2.5" exhaust off back of turbo
Intercooler
EGT gauge
hybrid turbo
tweak pump
MrRevhead
Isuzu Guru

City: Nelson
Vehicle: 93 MU 2.8

Postby isuzurob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:14 pm

if you search my posts i have a tf rodeo with mods and dale has one aswell with mods
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby Jamie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Do you guys know where to get the exhausts and intercooler from because I'm having trouble finding them?
Jamie
I'm only here for the information

Vehicle: Holden TF rodeo 4x4 2.8 turbo diesel

Postby stardog » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Trying to get a intercooler in Australia is as rare as hens teeth last 1 I heard of for sale was at central coast wreckers their prices are out of this world so you have a choice either NZ-UK wreckers.
Last 1 I got was from the UK when the aussie dollar was strong I think it was 20 pounds and about $ 90 postage it was a while ago.
Also you have to rotate the turbo to fit and cut a hole in the bonnet and fit a scoop on it pretty easy to do.
Exhaust systems any good exhaust place should be able to make 1 up for you my mandrel bent 3" system cost me $ 1100 fitted at tuffys exhaust at mascot done a top job to.
Turning up fuel delivery isn't hard just watch what your doing I replaced my 3.1 with a gear driven 2.8 out of a 96 rodeo still don't have the grunt of a 3.1 but still goes ok.
The only good thing is I don't have to worry about timing belts no more and I do drive it like its stolen he he.
stardog
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion