• Advertisement

98 Holden Frontera Manual

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

98 Holden Frontera Manual

Postby 4XFRONTY » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi all, I have recently purchased a 98 Holden Frontera with a 2lt Opal engine in it. It has been a very reliable, and fun little rig until blowing the head gasket 2 weeks ago. I am fairly mechanically savy, so removed the engine and done all the repair work myself. On first start-up, it ran beautiful. Even had better fuel economy than before. But, for the past 2 days I have been encountering the electrical problem from hell. :evil: It has blown every fuse associated with the engine management, and fuel pump continually. Would anyone be able to assist me, by means of a wiring diagram, or manual, to put these gremlins to rest? Cheers, 4XFRONTY.
4XFRONTY
I'm only here for the information

City: Melbourne
Vehicle: 1998 Holden Frontera

Re: 98 Holden Frontera Manual

Postby geeves » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 98 Holden Frontera Manual

Postby 4XFRONTY » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks very much for that. I downloaded it earlier off your manuals section, and I'm pretty sure the 2.2lt and 2.0lt versions are pretty simular in the wiring dept. I'm actually still going through all of the wiring diagrams to isolate the problem. I'm seriously considering removing the loom, as I have discovered that a red wire with a green trace, has sections of insulation that have melted, and seem to be shorting. I will post what I find, and also put up some pics of my Fronty soon. I have a few mods to come, and she should be a quite impressive little rig when I'm done playing. Cheers, 4XFRONTY
4XFRONTY
I'm only here for the information

City: Melbourne
Vehicle: 1998 Holden Frontera

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion