• Advertisement

BIGHORN & MU part numbers for FAQ

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

BIGHORN & MU part numbers for FAQ

Postby Pissy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:47 pm

I think its about time and only fair that we include our BIGHORN friends in making up a parts list, can people please list what ever part numbers they have for the bighorns here (irrespective if they are the same as MUs) and I'll compile a list in the FAQ section.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember people,...these parts lists only work if everyone contributes,.....how many times have YOU looked up for part number and found it there,.....if not there then please please please, PM me the part and number when you found something and I'll update the lists, it only takes a minute to PM me?

Try and treat it like this,....if you found a part number on the list then YOU owe me a part number to pay back the service,.....i thinks its only fair,.... ;)

I NEED MORE HELP :oops:

A big thanks to those FEW LEGENDS who have already PMed me with part numbers and/or a DIY or FAQ write ups :mrgreen:

94 3.1L MU,2.5"suspension lift,2"body Lift,33"Bighorns,F&R Autolockers,Rock Sliders,winch bar,240 lightforces,UHF,120amp alternator,dual batteries,snorkel,turbo timer etc
Pissy
FAQ Team

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1994 3.1L Turbo Diesel MU

Re: BIGHORN & MU part numbers for FAQ

Postby IsuzuMu77 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Isuzu MU 1991 wheel bearing parts list and cost without GST.

CBC Wheel bearings kit front . H110kit. $176 for a pair
Holden parts...inner hub bearing. The bearing and seal that guides the cv shaft end through the hub that nobody ever repacks or replaces..
GM-94407708 roller bearing $30.32 a pair
GM-98036595 inner hub seal $ 29.36 (Beware there is a problem with these. I bought 2 today, same part number from holden and one was an entirely different part) had to return one..... looking into another supplier for the other side. Will update. Please comment for any information that you have.

CBC rear Wheel bearing kit to come as i ordered the wrong set. Its CBC H211kit. not H211a kit, its for the wide track jackaroo. Price to follow when they correct ones arrive.
Last edited by IsuzuMu77 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it, Breathe it, Enjoy it. (What ever the case may be. Bogged, stuck, or spending hours getting someone out)
IsuzuMu77
Isuzu Junior

City: sydney
Vehicle: 91 isuzu mu 3.1 turbo intercooler. 31inch maxxis bighorn

Postby IsuzuMu77 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 pm

There is another list on here somewhere, I cant find it Please share and send me a link. Thanks
Live it, Breathe it, Enjoy it. (What ever the case may be. Bogged, stuck, or spending hours getting someone out)
IsuzuMu77
Isuzu Junior

Postby muzila » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Dont know about over there, but here in New Zealand that seal is a holden dealer only part. I did a few trucks a short while ago and hunted elsewhere for them to no avail. Also the new seals are quite a bit different looking than the old ones. :D
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby IsuzuMu77 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Update:

Isuzu MU 1991 wheel bearing parts list and cost without GST.

CBC Wheel bearings kit front . H110kit. $176 for a pair
Holden parts...inner hub bearing. The bearing and seal that guides the cv shaft end through the hub that nobody ever repacks or replaces..
GM-94407708 roller bearing $30.32 a pair
GM-98036595 inner hub seal $ 29.36 a pair (Beware there is a problem with these. I bought 2 today, same part number from holden and one was an entirely different part) had to return one..... looking into another supplier for the other side. Will update. Please comment for any information that you have.

UPDATE: isuzu have a part number 8980365930 for $6 and they were the same as the one correct one from holden. So this means holden had a part number mix up.
As all they had left in stock was the ones that didn't fit, after i got the only one that was the same as the isuzu number above.
if u go holden make sure its right. There was a big difference. the correct one doesn't have a rubber lip thats 4mm wider than the hub. the metal bit is the widest bit of the correct one.

CBC rear Wheel bearing kit to come as i ordered the wrong set. Its CBC H211kit. not H211a kit, its for the wide track jackaroo. Price to follow when they correct ones arrive. Update: they did the exchange for the same price. So it was $248 for a pair. correct ones are H211kit
IsuzuMu77
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:57 pm

I think thats the new version. You have to change the actual seal and the metal ring it runs on on the cv itself. You have to warm the metal ring to a light straw to get it on
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby IsuzuMu77 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Well thats shit. have to re do entire cv boot just to change the inner hub seal. glad i got it done without
IsuzuMu77
Isuzu Junior

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion