• Advertisement

Rocker issues???

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Rocker issues???

Postby tertle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:26 pm

OK still on the hunt for the illusive first Isuzu

ive found a Wizard that seems ok, had a chat to the owner who said it has had a bit of maintenance(208,000kms) claims that services were every 5000-7000km 4wd works well, it also has a Lsd rear diff, had the alternator, fuel pump, aircon, cambelt replaced recently, then commented "I have had a rocker in piston 1 replaced" I didn't quiet understand him when he mentioned that when it happened he had it towed and repaired/replaced and that his mechanic gave it a clean bill of health, whilst I will get it checked, is it indicative of other things or is it just one of those things?

now I must add I am as mechanical as a two bob watch and have little idea about spinny go round things! so laymans terms till I get a bit more skilled up ;)
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: Rocker issues???

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:26 pm

have a look at this thread It might help
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6618
Its not a common occurrence but not the end of the world. Could indicate mileage inaccuracies though.
Incidentaly the saying about the 2 bob watch is very old If you had invested the 2 bob at an interest rate to keep up with inflation you could now almost buy a very nice watch.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby tertle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Cheers, I had no idea what he was on about said as soon as it broke??? he stopped, had it towed, repaired and flushed with new oil??? said something about being on piston number 1???

still have no idea what it means but as long as its not too fatal!!!!!!

Bother tried to insert a picture of my old watch too but cant seem to!!!!
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:59 pm

by piston he meant cylinder although to the untrained even that still sounds worse thanit was in this case. To drive it like that though could of caused serious damage
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion