• Advertisement

Ali Express cree lights

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Ali Express cree lights

Postby tertle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Say has any one bought Cree LED lights off Ali Express? like these for example http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-7-3 ... 95102.html

Ive been rather lucky to date with what I have bought off Ali Express, but im curious to see if anyone else has actually purchased any of the lights and actually had them up and running.

cheers
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: Ali Express cree lights

Postby geeves » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:54 am

They sound a good deal. Those should be ok but the rules on lightbars gets very murky. You are allowed 2 headlights up front but are these one or 8 lights each? Add to that the long bars that are full width of the car. In Aus they have been making them disconnect the centre 2 bulbs to make it into two lights. I keep looking at these myself
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby tertle » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:14 am

we had these (or similar) on some of the vehicles we used in the Solomons and they were just stunning. I appreciate that these are sourced from half way around the world and that the after sales back up may be limited!!! the old "let the buyer beware" rules are well understood, but to be honest I have found certain product that I use in another hobby of mine to be exactly the same as the real McCoys! in fact I would suggest that these are the identical or from the same tooling dies

I may just get a set, if they work all good if they are average then they will be used as general side lighting etc
tertle
Isuzu Junior

Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Postby blairreed » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:02 pm

My brother just got to small ones for reverse lights they work really well even there big spot lights are good especially for the price :)
"adventure is the respectful pursuit of trouble"
blairreed
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: 1993 MU

Postby geeves » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:38 pm

"the after sales back up may be limited!!! the old "let the buyer beware" rules are well understood, but to be honest "
At the price these are selling for I wouldnt expect after sales service beyond simply buying another one
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion