• Advertisement

Body lift 2000 mu 4jx1 3lt

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Body lift 2000 mu 4jx1 3lt

Postby Onlymuwilldo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi I'v been doing alot of reading about lifting truck but still a little unsure about what im going to have too do regarding the steering rack .. 50mm body lift any information on this and anything else i should know before I start would be greatly appreciated cheers...
Onlymuwilldo
Isuzu Baby

City: Timaru
Vehicle: 2000 isuzu MU

Re: Body lift 2000 mu 4jx1 3lt

Postby geeves » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:54 am

Does yours have rack and pinion steering?
There are very few modified Mus of your model around so a lot of stuff might not apply although I expect only the steering should be an issue. On the earlier trucks they had a steering box mounted on one chassis rail and a body lift sometimes required a lengthened shaft and a lot of those done were not to wof rules regarding welding steering components which is quite forboden. On yours the steering input shaft will be longer and a better angle so you have a fair chance of getting away with it but a few photos will help if you need to extend it somehow
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Body lift 2000 mu 4jx1 3lt

Postby Onlymuwilldo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Cheers geeves thats grate thanks for advice still in planning stage at moment but have 50mm lift kit and a snorkel on way from up east somewhere finding it hard to pin people down on what will and will not fit this thing as ya said very few of these things modified (why i so keen to do )
Onlymuwilldo
Isuzu Baby

City: Timaru
Vehicle: 2000 isuzu MU

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion