• Advertisement

Isuzu Frontera?

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Isuzu Frontera?

Postby half65 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:45 am

Right now the truck is doing most of the right things in the steering area .Still having a little toe in on turns but Before I go to an alignment I would like to know what model it really is In case they try and fleece me again
I have looked at the wheel alignment setting for most of the isuzus around my year and the ride hieght for one is between 109mm 119mm 139mm So I am at a loss I have the model number off the isuzu plate on the firewall UES1VF Not sure if it is a 1 or i ADJI the last one is the year and month 03 98 but the first number I cannot track
half65
Isuzu Baby

City: palmerston north
Vehicle: opel wizard 4jx1 motor 1998

Re: Isuzu Frontera?

Postby geeves » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:23 am

2wd or 4wd? That is the only question that should be asked. As for ride hight most wheel alignment places will adjust the front to match the back and say its correct as long as its not miles out. The front can be adjusted but the rear is a spring replacement. For off road use we often increase height by 50mm but on some models have to re-position the upper ball joint to get the camber adjustment right. As long as they know what they are doing adjusting these isnt rocket science.
Can anyone recomend a wheel alignment place in Palmerston North?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Isuzu Frontera?

Postby half65 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:15 pm

I have had 2 done One up napier road at a tyre shop and another at right tyres Both times it has been a disaster, actually went back to Right and told them it was biting on turns and I was told that is normal for that model .They lefT it with a lower front end
A mate from PN has just retired and sold his alignment shop in the UK He is coming back to nz, and said to me dont go to a tyre shop to get an alignment , they have a conflict of interest as they basically want to sell tyres He was the one that advised me to get the whole truck level , then look at alignment. So it looks like john Bates will be the goods
Looking at the diffrent models the camber and castor are diffrent on models too
half65
Isuzu Baby

City: palmerston north
Vehicle: opel wizard 4jx1 motor 1998

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion