• Advertisement

Mu Boot opening ramdomly

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Mu Boot opening ramdomly

Postby BlackieNZ » Tue May 24, 2016 5:48 am

I'm having an issue where the boot on my 91 Mu opens suddenly at ramdom times.

I thought it was because I was going over rough terrain ( happens at least once up ski field roads). But I could be driving along the road and it would just pop open.

The struts are pretty good and new. So force is needed to close the boot. Maybe the struts are to good?

Any help would get great ! It is very annoying.
BlackieNZ
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 2.8 91

Re: Mu Boot opening ramdomly

Postby isuzurob » Tue May 24, 2016 5:28 pm

just make sure the latch is double latching, if it is then maybe a short in the wiring
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Mu Boot opening ramdomly

Postby turnturn » Tue May 24, 2016 7:52 pm

I've had the same thing for nearly 15 years with one of my Mu's. It sometimes goes for weeks without happening and then will do it 3 or 4 times on a longer trip. Rough ground definately makes it happen more. I've fiddled about a bit with the rear door and glass adjustment occasionally but it always comes back. Could be as Rob suggests, be electrical, as I sometimes hear a half arsed solenoid clunk when it happens. My other Mu's have never done it.
turnturn
Global Moderator

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1993 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Spare Parts/Donor
1994 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1996 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Completely Standard

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion