• Advertisement

next mazda bt50 made by isuzu

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

next mazda bt50 made by isuzu

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:44 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/lifesty ... es-for-ute

""Mazda Motor Corporation and Isuzu Motors Limited have reached a basic agreement on next-generation pick-up truck collaboration, allowing Isuzu to enhance its product competiveness and Mazda to strengthen its product line-up and maintain own-brand market coverage," the statement read.

"Isuzu will produce next-generation pick-up trucks for Mazda, based on Isuzu's pick-up truck model.""
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: next mazda bt50 made by isuzu

Postby pencil » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:32 am

This is good for Isuzu. As for Mazda I think it's interesting given the success of the Ranger in Aus was pretty good but the BT50 seemed to struggle due to styling even though it was almost identical beneath the skin and was cheaper. Both have a good reputation for producing reliable vehicles.
My only concern is that both are pretty spartan when it comes to creature comforts compared to the competition although my experience is pretty much limited to owning a Mazda 3 driving a Mazda 6 for a short period on loan (massive step up from the 3), owning a 98 Rodeo and test driving a current model D Max so it might be a little limited.
I'm hoping that Isuzu ups the displacement and moves towards a 5 cylinder or V6 diesel in the next version. Hopefully the 5 cylinder that Mazda currently has will force this move as a step back would leave it well behind the competition that's coming through, although Toyota seems to have reduced to a 2.8 4 pot oiler.
pencil
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: 1998 Holden Rodeo 2.8 TD

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion