• Advertisement

Abuse of 4x4 Powers

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Abuse of 4x4 Powers

Postby slightlydodgy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:32 pm

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while but haven't been able to find a pic to start with -never have a camera when you need it. This is for stories about people mis using their 4x4 powers like the guy who leaves crowed drive throughs and busy parking lots by driving over the curbs and verges :oops: or the guy who drops an ice cream through a boy racers sunroof (yes I saw it happen). My favourite, and I really wish I had a camera, was a parking trick. Picture this -a road outside a sports facility with parallel parks on the left with a steep stop bank starting right by the curb, 2 short townie cars parked normally and a hilux parked between them but at right angles. He had driven straight up the stop bank and must have been on at least a 70 deg angle :D Hope some one else has better even better if we can have pics

Cheers Pete
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Re: Abuse of 4x4 Powers

Postby BUSHPIG » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:28 am

next time i cut over a curb or a medium strip ill take a photo.hahaha
since ive got my 4wd i find my slef doing it more and more(its bad i kno) but al my other cars are lowered so you have to pick your lines on these new zealand goat track roads. and its a nice change to be able to drive where you want.
BUSHPIG
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1988 GQ Safari
TD42 Turbo Running 17psi
Custom BRD Top Mount Intercooler
Custom BRD 3" Exhaust
Factory GU Turbo Airbox
Safari Snorkle
2000 Gu Td42-T Injector Pump
Turbo Injectors
Pto Winch
Custom BRD On-Board Air Bracket With Modified Second A/c Pump
Custom Front Bar Work
Ally Roof Cage
2 1/2" Suspension Lift
Front LSD
Rear LSD
33x12.5xr15 Maxxis Tyres
Diff And Gearbox Breathers
Am Cb
Uhf Cb
GPS Tracker.

Planed Mods::
Exo Cage
Rear Barwork
Rear 14,000lb Winch

Postby geeves » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:12 am

Ive never driven over a curb to get in or out of a carpark since I did it in my flatmates HA Viva 35 years ago. That cost me a gearbox (drop clutch in reverse and oil comes out the casing)
Anyone who drives a 4wd in a way that is less courteous than he would drive a normal car gives us all a bad name. There might of been a good reason for the ice cream in which case he should of used oysters but all your other examples deserve a careless driving charge. Suitable punishment might be to give them a hand mower and point them to your back paddock.(free hay making)
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:07 am

was aiming more at the "remurera tractor" type the hilux definately was 22 inch rims if a mm but the ice cream incident was a true bush wagon
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby dasnoboarder » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

I hate the guys who drive over roundabouts and sports fields...

Won't start ranting though... Haha
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Postby Yarno » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 am

Urban four wheel driving?? Sounds like fun :twisted:
Yarno
FAQ Team

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 93 V8 monster, Toyota Landcruiser 200 sahara. MU 1996 3.1.

Postby walruz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

A few years ago you could drive up and over the high kerbs to exit the carpark at Auckland Airport. Used to make the cost of parking quite reasonable :lol: :lol: :lol: Not that I would do that sort of thing though.......
walruz
Isuzu Junior

City: Sunshine Coast
Vehicle: 1996 Bighorn 4JG2 Auto.

Postby Demonic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm

I must confess, there are a few really tight round abouts near where i live and i have a habbit of cutting them - not going over the top, but not having all 4 wheels on the road surface.

I also once drove across the grass median strip on cobban drive - massive traffic jam, so crossed over to use another side of road to get into a different route ----- in sayin that i wasnt the only person to do it...

I know.. tsk tsk tsk
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby geeves » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:51 pm

You realise theres nothing stopping Mr Plod reading all these admissions of guilt. You might as well add a date so they can just send out the bill
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby KIWIINGENUITY » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm

haha. if any1 puts a icecream thru my sun roof ill deck them. its hard enough keeping my car clean living on a farm, and when im in a 4wd i thought round abouts are made to go over ? haha . whos been to bunnythorp l8ly, u will no what i mean. and not every 4wd with 20s is a townys. since all 3 of our isuzus and our 4 wheeler have crapped out in the last week and the only other 4wds we have are the landcruiser and my dads prado that has 20s on it. we have used the prado because the landcruiser has the alt and starter are of it. so we have done averything in dads 6 speed prado on 20s =) . its covered mud. not a remurera tractor haha. likes to go sideways in mud with the sliks on it.
DiESeLHeAd
KIWIINGENUITY
Isuzu Junior

City: Wanganui
Vehicle: 1988 isuzu bighorn . 2.3 turbo diesel (C223) manual
1992 isuzu bighorn . 3.1 turbo diesel (4JG2) auto
1993 isuzu mu . 2.8 turbo diesel (4JB1) auto

Postby geeves » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm

borrow the tyres off one of the others. Ive always said there are plenty of good reasons to own a 4wd except for 4wding
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Demonic » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 pm

geeves wrote:You realise theres nothing stopping Mr Plod reading all these admissions of guilt. You might as well add a date so they can just send out the bill

"Mr Plod" cant do crap, I was one of 8 vehicles that followed "Mr Plod" over the grass lane. They should lead by example and sit in the traffic jam to - Oh, and his light wernt going and all he did was go back tot he kilburne station.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

Postby geeves » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 pm

He was late for smoko. Perfectly valid excuse.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Demonic » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 pm

lol... yeah..... didnt think of that.
Cheers,
Andrew
Demonic
Isuzu Master

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion