• Advertisement

replacing engine

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

replacing engine

Postby hsd424 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:08 am

Hi,
i really like my isuzu wizard 1999 diesel engine, it is working fine. but people keep on telling me that it's 4jx1 engine is not reliable. i am really not a a guy who can fix cars and i really don't want to get stuck up in a place where i can't find a mechanic. i usually go on beaches and stuff. i really want to keep the vehicle i really like the shape. i will prefer my vehicle over an audi, bmw or anything. I am thinking of putting a brand new engine. Can somebody suggest me what i should be doing???
like which engine should i go for?? what else should i change??

My problem is whenever i go like a place on a beach i keep on thinking that my vehicle is gonna get broke. i can spend some money on it but i really want to make it reliable.
help me please, i want to enjoy driving my vehicle without the fear of it getting broken....

Thank you
hsd424
I'm only here for the information

City: auckland
Vehicle: isuzu wiazrd 1999 4jx1 diesel

Re: replacing engine

Postby geeves » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:08 am

Failures on that engine dont happen suddenly so I wouldnt worry too much about getting stuck.
However there are a few things to keep an eye on.
Oil Only use good 5w40 synthetic diesel oil. Also check the level weekly. This is in the book for all cars but actually matters on this one. If the level goes up then the injectors are leaking diesel into the oil which is the biggest cause of failure
Wiring A quick look over the engine connectors and sensors for oil leaks. If found you may have to change the loom as well as the leaky sensor. If the oil gets down the loom to the computer its an expensive bill.
Recals. Could be worth a trip to your holden dealer to see if all recals have been completed. The big one is the injectors mentioned above. There was a way of marking these but even if its done and not marked the piece of mind is worth it
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion