• Advertisement

Vacuum Lines

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Vacuum Lines

Postby LeKestral » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi guys!

Been working on the MU again... (like when did i stop haha)
She's been going great! Tackles most things with ease, now with her new IRONMAN 2" Suspension lift.
Love to do a bodylift too sometime... but hey.

Anyway. I'm going to be fitting a boost tap and gauge on my Turbo soon, so i was looking at all the components involved.
Boost T is all sorted, but it got me thinking about Vacuum Lines, as i'd never really paid attention to them before (apart from the brake booster line haha)

So i've got all these lines running everywhere and most of the rubber is pretty old. Needs new tubes, so i'm going to replace them as well.

My question is; would anybody be able to direct me as to which line is for which part. Which are vital?
They all seem to run to a center cluster of solenoids etc.
I'm going to replace them all with new lines, but i'd be interested to know which lines are for what? If anyone knows this cluster in a 1992 2.8 4jb1 MU
I'm sure some of them leak i'm sure because i hear a sucking sound for a few seconds after i turn off the engine.
I've heard of some people even removing most of them without an effect on the engine, but hey.
Sorry for the mud haha (Need to overhaul my engine bay)

Let me know!
Cheers
LeKestral
Isuzu Baby

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu

Re: Vacuum Lines

Postby geeves » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:36 am

What mud?
Really need to trace them to be sure but but are unneeded. You need the boost line to the top of the pump. You need the line to the fast idle solinoid. You may need the line that goes to a canister on the frontsolinoid if you have sotf (no free wheel hubs)
The others can go
The sucking noise is probably the turbo winding down and normal
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:52 pm

pull them all out and throw them all away along with the solnoids, need one from inlet pipe to top of injector pump and block vaccum hose off the alternator, will idle slightly slow when the air con kicks in but ive run 3 of my trucks like this for years, looks far tidier without it all
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby jellis » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:28 am

isuzurob wrote:pull them all out and throw them all away along with the solnoids, need one from inlet pipe to top of injector pump and block vaccum hose off the alternator, will idle slightly slow when the air con kicks in but ive run 3 of my trucks like this for years, looks far tidier without it all

Thats what i did except i kept the line off the alternator to the brake booster.
They brake pretty average, so having vacuum assist is good.
cheers, Josh
jellis
Isuzu Guru

City: sydney
Vehicle: 1992 isuzu mu 2" lift all round
33"x 12.5 federal's

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion