• Advertisement

Isuzu Wizard 1998 4JG2

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Isuzu Wizard 1998 4JG2

Postby dalelo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 am

Gidday just new to group and would like some advice please.
Have had two Isuzu diesels for last 15years and never really had any major problems with them, thats what I love about them.
Now started out with loosing power when engine warms up. Fine when engine cold?
New problem as failed WOF for brakes due to pedal going hard after a couple of applications. They blamed the vacume pump so I replaced the alternator/pump.
Arghh problem still there and cant seem to find any other vaume leaks. Also checked all brake calipers and slides for correct operation.
Got me stumped??
dalelo
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu wizard Diesel 4jg2

Re: Isuzu Wizard 1998 4JG2

Postby geeves » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:32 am

Could be a leak inside the servo but almost all diesels have a limited vacuum supply so its possible the mechanic was being a bit harsh (possibly looking for work)
Try blocking off the small pipe leaving the vac pump to see if brakes improve. If they do then there is a leak outwards from there.
The other thing you can try is a non return valve in the line to the servo. It helped my 96 Wizard heaps. Just visit a wrecker and get one out of any petrol car
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Isuzu Wizard 1998 4JG2

Postby dalelo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 am

Many thanks for the ideas
Have a great Xmas
dalelo
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland