• Advertisement

Bighorns do throw tantrums

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Bighorns do throw tantrums

Postby geeves » Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Dont know what else to call this behavior.
Couple of weekends ago on an off road trail it broke a windscreen and I think it blames me. Insurance fixed the screen no issue with me taking the car to work and Novus coming in and replacing the screen no drama. Then the car got left in the nice warm depot till last Friday when I went to put it out the back so I could collect it on the weekend without bothering with the alarm in the depot etc. Turn the key and get a high pitched weerrre and not much else. Think flat battery so check with the lights on. Car then starts. Put it outside but got too busy to collect it but did book it in for a 2.5 inch exhaust upgrade today. Get to work jump in turn the key weerre is all that it did. Cancelled the exhaust shop and decided to get a workmate to help tow start. Tried once more before pushing it forwards to get a tow strap and all it did was whine at me again. Hook up the strap turn the key on but turned it past ignition to start and it did just that.
Drove it up to the local garage who pulled the starter out and gave me a good price for an aftermarket new starter fitted. I know I could do it myself but at my age the thought of someone else doing it on a hoist is so much more attractive. Then It will still get its 2.5 exhaust.
After that carry on when it gets home its going to be shut in its garage and not allowed to play in the mud for weeks
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion