• Advertisement

1989...What a Trooper

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

1989...What a Trooper

Postby dns15trooper » Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 am

Good day,
I hope all is well on your side.
My wife and I bought a 1989 Isuzu Trooper, 5 speed manual 2.6liter Petrol this weekend. We bought it from young travellers leaving again and even scored a nice acoustic guitar and some camping gear :-)
With 196 000km on clock, it is a bit cranky through the gears, but runs surprisingly smooth and everything important is working fine, steering feels firm, brakes are good, shocks feels fine and even on the odd 90km/h on the highway it is quiet and steady. AMAZING :-)

We would like to get the car a good service, fix an oil leak and an inspection of some sort to give us an idea of any serious issues or safety risks.
It is a classic, so we do not expect miracles, but need to ensure we are safe to travel short distances and would like a bit of expert advice on things like the gearbox(2nd a bit cranky), suspension, tyres etc.
We will get the WOF(still valid) renewed as well, for that high level assurance.

Any suggestions on where to take it in the Auckland area. I work close to Victoria Park and we stay North of Auckland.
I know there are many places that advertises exactly what we want, are those fine? We would prefer someone with a bit of knowledge on older cars though if that would help.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you for your time.
Kind Regards,
D+S
dns15trooper
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1989 Isuzu Trooper
2.6L Petrol
Manual 5 speed

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion