• Advertisement

Partnership Needed

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Partnership Needed

Postby BartmanS4 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 am

Hey Guys,
I've been lurking around here for sometime. I originally signed up just so I could download or view attachments. Anyway, I just posted my info in Member Rigs so please take a look, I'm very proud of how my VX has turned out. I don't know how many members you have here from the US but I'm guessing not too many, I hope you can put up with one more :lol:
What I am interested in achieving is a partnership/arrangement with someone who would be able to source and ship parts to the US. Since we don't have consumer Isuzu's imported anymore and never had late model diesels imported our access to info and parts can be very limited. What I'm interested in doing is converting my rig to diesel. The way I see it is I have a couple of options right now. One would be to buy a 4JG2 3.1 L which I believe with an adapter will bolt up to my AR5 trans. The other option is to buy a rolling chassis that is basically a brand new 2007 4JJ1-TC 3.0 L complete with 4x4 auto trans., exhaust, drive-line etc. I can get the whole thing for $5k which is a steal really. I would however, need to source wiring harness, ECU, controls, and gauges etc. It would be quite a project but if everything comes together it would be one badass setup.
What are your opinions? What pitfalls will I run up against?

Thanks for reading,
Scott
BartmanS4
Isuzu Baby

City: Denver
Vehicle: 99 VehiCross 5spd

Re: Partnership Needed

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:05 pm

4jg2 is a good engine but its old. the 4jj1 is virtually bullet proof and wont be much slower than the current 3.5 v6 Its also going to be a lot easier to get through emmissions rules. If your buying a rolling chassis you might be getting the ecu and loom as part of the deal. If not it could be an issue. Those engines and the cars they were in only break when they hit something hard. We would have to pay 5k here just for the engine and all the rolling chassis around have unintended modification
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Partnership Needed

Postby BartmanS4 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks Geeves,
Yeah, my hope is to go with the 4jj1 but it definitely does not have the ECU. I'm not sure if any of the wire harness is there or not but I'm pretty sure I will need to get the whole shebang from a Holden or Bighorn or what ever it is that matches that engine transmission combo. That's why I'm reaching out. If I can source a Holden harness/ECU/control, etc. then I have the basis to get this power train working. If I can't it doesn't make sense to buy it. Here in the US we do have some of the Isuzu box trucks that run this engine but I don't think we have any 4x4 combo or any that matches this transmission. I also don't know if there is any way to mate this engine to an Aisin AR5. But if I could get all the required equip then buying this chassis would make sense. At this price I could probably part it out and make a profit here.
BartmanS4
Isuzu Baby

City: Denver
Vehicle: 99 VehiCross 5spd

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion