• Advertisement

Dmax 4wd indicator light & beeping alarm

Discuss all things related to 4x4, Isuzu's and anything else related to getting out and about

Dmax 4wd indicator light & beeping alarm

Postby Rich37 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:41 am

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance and assistance. My 7yr old moved the 2wd control to 4wd low setting when the car was switched off and stationary - I did not realise he had done this and started the car and moved off. I realised something was not quite right and stopped the car after a short while. I then put the setting into 2wd and waited a few seconds.

Even though I have done this the Dmax's 4wd indicator started flashing and now is beeping even though the control panels show 2wd it feels like it is still in 4wd when controlling the vehicle. I'm not sure why this is beeping and what i need to do to rectify this.

Any suggestions would be most welcomed?
Rich37
I'm only here for the information

City: Brissy
Vehicle: Dmax 2061

Re: Dmax 4wd indicator light & beeping alarm

Postby geeves » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:44 am

First thing i would try is reversing 10 meters in a straight line and see if it releases otherwise it might be a trip to the dealer to have electronics reset. I doubt you have done real damage. Has it ever been in 4wd before?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to General Isuzu and 4x4 discussion