• Advertisement

from NZ4wd Magazine Thieves strike again

For discussion about organised trips and events in NZ

from NZ4wd Magazine Thieves strike again

Postby geeves » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

http://nz4wd.co.nz/articles/thieves-strike-again

I dont know if these people are members but they were building the Mu that was torched after just the tyres being stolen. There is a picture in the above link.

The ugly spectre of 4WD thefts has risen its ugly head, this time in the Ashburton area of the South Island.

Brenda Swanepoel has written to warn that the thieves seem to be looking for parts, and then torch the rest of the vehicle.

She writes: “Just wanted to ask you guys if you could maybe publish a story.
In our local Ashburton area a few 4x4s have been stolen, and my husband's truck was one of them today. They stole it at 12:30pm, yip, in the middle of the day.

“They took it down to the Ashburton River and stole off the 35inch Maxxis Bighorn tyres. We have just finished paying off the tyres, they are still brand new. And then they set the truck alight.

“It's just really sad as my husband has been working on this truck for a long time, building it up from scratch. We don't even have insurance. Every little cent we had spare we put into the truck, and we wanted to have it certified so that we can get it on the road and insured”
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: from NZ4wd Magazine Thieves strike again

Postby slightlydodgy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

That sux!!
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby isuzurob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

suxs alright be better if they took what they wanted and just left it, or even better go to work like everyone else and buy there own
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

If anyone finds the culprit please make sure no one is watching while discussing repayment to the victims.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to New Zealand Trips, Events and Club Chat