• Advertisement

fuel pump/electrical issue

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

fuel pump/electrical issue

Postby Davijones » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi guys so recently I bought a 1996 efi Isuzu bighorn irmscher went like a rocket ship being a manual letting my friend borrow it he pranged it into his grandmas car thus us having to pull the front while doing so we had to drill a couple of holes into the front to mount the block and tackle onto something but he slipped and drilled into the loom not realizing he had done this we had driven it for a couple of hours all was going great but i noticed she started to crank a bit longer each time she started until she just stopped, this being my second bighorn I could use my old one for parts recently we have swapped out the following : glow plugs, ecu, the top electrical part of the pump, primer pump, various fuses but alas no start have got upto the part where there is fuel going to the pump but nothing coming out to the injectors , is there something we are missing or should I just swap to a manual fuel pump and call it a day
cheers and thanks for your time
Davijones
Isuzu Baby

City: pahiatua
Vehicle: isuzu bighorn irmscher 3.1

Re: fuel pump/electrical issue

Postby geeves » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:28 am

fix the loom first
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Davijones » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:07 am

Hi sorry should have stated this have fixed the loom and put heat shrink on all the joins
Davijones
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm

no popped fuses? ecm might be faulty
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Davijones » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:51 pm

When we first started checking it out it had popped the glow plug fuse but that shouldn’t stop the fuel to the injectors would it, when you say ecm is that the brains box underneath the Center console just in front of the shifter if so we have been swapping that out with another one that we know works as it should and still no change in the fuel to injectors
Davijones
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:36 am

does the efi pump have a fuel cut off solinoid? Is it getting power? I trust you checked the silly things like air in the lines. I know it doesnt sound relevant to the original cause but does match the way it died
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engines and Exhaust