• Advertisement

EGR Removal

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Re: EGR Removal

Postby muzila » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Yea that is the quick and nasty way of doing it. Just disconnecting a few hoses and leaving everything there.

Mine was like that when I first got it. So I went and did the full removal. Sounds like your fuel screw has been tampered with as well. As long as your not seeing lots of black smoke you should be fine.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby JWhat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Cheers guys, bloody good having a dedicated Isuzu forum. What I need to do is egr removal, oil catch tank and cleaning intake, so that will all be done in 1 go
JWhat
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Surf?

Postby Hamdog » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 am

After reading through all this I decided to go look at mine and see how easy it would be to do , I noticed right away one of the hoses to one of the egr things was snapped in half and another had been disconnected further along the hose at a joiner, so connected everything back up until I get around to ripping it all out .

Now what would have been the symptoms of not having the egr system all connected up properly ?
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

City: Napier
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu wizard

Postby geeves » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:26 pm

properly functioning EGR system should make no noticeable difference when you disconnect it
Faulty one you should notice better idle better power and better economy Not massive amounts but enough to consider it. Long term you also get less soot in the inlet system
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamdog » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Well I'm going to start making up some blanks and then rip the lot out . My car seems to be running better now all the vacuume hose are plugged back in where they should be .
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

City: Napier
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu wizard

Postby Stjani » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:22 am

Hi!
I'm entering the forum for the first time and find a lot of interesting threds. Startet out on the EGR and fond out I cant get the pics applied. Why, what am I doing wrong? important to get all this interesting instructions right. :)
Stjani
I'm only here for the information

City: Nedstrand
Vehicle: 3 Isuzu 4x4 double/crewcab and sportcab

Previous

Return to Engines and Exhaust