• Advertisement

97 isuzu trooper Valve Covers

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

97 isuzu trooper Valve Covers

Postby jue76 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:24 pm

I was recently putting in valve/cam gaskets on my trooper when I ran into a problem, I cant remove the valve cover on the right side(driver side). I removed the one on the left side which had alot to remove to make this happen. howerver I got that side fixed but this side which is in front of the driver's side is the problem I could of swore i took out all the screws but when I move the cover everything moves but the back. there are screws on the back which did not have them on the other gasket replaced. Could this be the problem. Can someone help me out???
jue76
Isuzu Baby

City: OverlandPark
Vehicle: 97 Isuzu Troper LS

Re: 97 isuzu trooper Valve Covers

Postby geeves » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Right side drivers side? From your location Im guessing you are looking from the front so this is really the left side of the car. Left and right side are normally defined from sitting in the drivers seat.
Is this the 6vdi which from my manual should have 6 bolts down the center and 8 around the outside Same as the other side or is it the 6ve1 which looks like it might be the same.
Ive sent a copy of the v6 manual to your email address. The instructions for this are quite complicated
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engines and Exhaust