• Advertisement

HYBRID SUBARU/ISUZU TURBOS VF10? VF8?

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Re: HYBRID SUBARU/ISUZU TURBOS VF10? VF8?

Postby varnz10 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey there

I have been told by a guy at work, who is a mechanic by trade although he's not doing that just now that the earlier TD04 will have the correct mounts and so long as it is off a 2ltr lancer or similar then it will be right for the 2.8 or 3.1. he has a 3 ltr toyota with one in and runs about 18 psi all the time. The other thing that he said was that a diesel is not like a petrol in the fact that high boost means trouble. A diesel runs 100% air all the time with a dash of diesel thrown in. Its the diesel that does the damage!!!! In saying this if you are going to start running high boost and fiddleing with the diesel pump install an exhaust gas temp gauge. You will be able to ensure that you have no trouble by keeping your gas temp low. I have been told under about 600 degree will ensure good reliability, this i understand is done mainly by adjusting the diesel, not so much the boost.

Anyway that is the information on what I have been told, and I will be getting him to help me set up my engine once I can afford to get the turbo and all the bits...
varnz10
Isuzu Baby

City: Kerikeri
Vehicle: 93 Bighorn LWB Lotus LTD 2.8 4JB1-T 2.??? Suspension lift
4.5 LSD in the back
Aussie Lokka for the front on the wish list
Snorkel
2000 Holden Montery All standard

Previous

Return to Engines and Exhaust