• Advertisement

Engine swap - MU 3.1TD>Jackaroo

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Engine swap - MU 3.1TD>Jackaroo

Postby redbull » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi All

Just gathering info about replacing 3.2V6 in the Jack. Engines getting old and tired but the car is kitted out how we want it. I know the easiest thing to do is recon the 3.2 but we would like the extra towing capabilities and feul economy of the diesel. I was thinking about selling my MU but its a bit rough and I probly wouldn't get much for it, so I was thinking of using it as a donor vehile for the Jack. My year Jack did come out with a 3.1TD so I can get any parts I need(diffs, drive shafts,etc)

Does anyone know of any dramas I may come across - engine mounts, cross members, electrics????

Thanks
Danny
redbull
Isuzu Baby

City: Perth
Vehicle: '93 MU
'97 Jackaroo

Re: Engine swap - MU 3.1TD>Jackaroo

Postby geeves » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Mounts and crossmembers You have both there so measuring is easy. Electrics is only running the ignition wire to the fuel cut off. Bellhousings are different so use the Mu gearbox. Check to see if both driveshafts are flange or slide type
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Engine swap - MU 3.1TD>Jackaroo

Postby samurai » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 pm

I have bought a 3.2 Trooper this week. It is a 2000 model. Only V6 troopers were sold in South Africa -no diesels. I want to change this to a diesel and therefor would follow your conversion closely- enjoy and keep us posted.
samurai
Isuzu Baby

City: perdekop
Vehicle: Isuzu Dteg 2.5teq

Return to Engines and Exhaust