• Advertisement

Cheaper snorkle

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Re: Cheaper snorkle

Postby Hermit » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 am

Who is changing the rules? I contacted them and it took quite some time to even get a price list from them then they started the hard sell after sending it. It appears to be some game with this company as to their product offerings and ability to deal in an honest up front method. You aren't able to compare quality, workmanship or even the construction of the materials used until you have purchased quite a few of these lower cost items and then it is probably too late to to return them or cost prohibitive if you wanted to do so after receiving them.

I asked for specific Isuzu listings and some other items as some friends around here have other makes and were curious. What is of major concern is the quality of the items and the inability to have a side by side comparison with the available items already for sale from dealers on the net. If the items were similar, yet cost substantially less then it would make sense to purchase them form this manufacturer, if however the Chinese items are not even close in quality then the lesser cost is not a benefit and would not be a good value as they would not hold up as well and need replacing more often. There was nothing about warranty on things like tents, bumpers, snorkels on line and international business is a lot different than just running down or ordering from a business in the country you live in like the US or Australia, NZ or another where the laws of that location require the seller make good on the item in most cases.

They could be decent or even great quality but until they are compared side by side with the others there isn't anyway of determining if they are equal or not.

Hermit
Hermit
Isuzu Baby

City: Los Angeles
Vehicle: 93 Isuzu Trooper LS 3.2 auto

Postby Demonic » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 am

By changing the rules i think its the order qty, it start as a min order of 10, got them to 5, then told them i could only get 3 ppl interested at which point it moved back to 10. I just gave up. And as you mentioned what about the quality??? - think of that i will just go with a safari one or similar, may cost a lil more but its peice of mind in the end.

I got a christmas e-mail from stodd.... was I the only special one or did everyone on his mailing list get one.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby LittleBuddha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:04 pm

I think we all got the xmas email...think I'm giving up on em too.
LittleBuddha
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1992 MU, 3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 2.8 diesel

Postby Jayarr69BluMU » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

so what snorkel are you guys gunna run as itchin to get snorkeled asap...
little buddha who did ya body and suspension lifts as am local and want mine done???????
Jayarr69BluMU
Isuzu Junior

City: Bris
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 1992, 2.8 t/diesel. 5 Spd

Postby Demonic » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Im lookin at an air-flow snorkle... for about $350nz.
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby LittleBuddha » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Jayarr69BluMU wrote:so what snorkel are you guys gunna run as itchin to get snorkeled asap...
little buddha who did ya body and suspension lifts as am local and want mine done???????

I believe that it was ultimate suspesion down Gold Coast way. It was done when I bought it. Job seems well done to me - except they really stuffed up the reweld of the gear stick, it sits way too far forward and when you take a closer look it looks as though it was done by a 3 year old, I actually have to remove the gear boot to put it inot low range without it popping out becasue they didn't realign it at all . Other than that the actual suspension is very good, probably wouldn't go there on principle that they missed some basics - having said that too the guy I boiught it off does appear to have "bent" the truth about a lot of things so he could have done it himself for all I know. You are welcome to come and have a look if you want.
LittleBuddha
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: 1992 MU, 3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 2.8 diesel

Postby muzila » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

If anyone knows of or sees a snorkel for the OTHER side of the MU (Drivers side) Can you yell out please. I have a snorkel but need one for the drivers side now.

Dont like my chances... Probably have to make somthing.

cheers
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby Yarno » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Yes I have found one but haven't chased it up yet...

and now I cannot find it :x

I think it was for the Vauxhall Frontera with the VM motor in it. I thought I had it bookmarked and had photos but cannot find either...

This model it must have suited
Yarno
FAQ Team

Vehicle: Isuzu MU 93 V8 monster, Toyota Landcruiser 200 sahara. MU 1996 3.1.

Postby Yarno » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm sure it was these guys but they have changed their site. It didn't come up on the .au site when I found it either, just on the .uk one...
http://www.tjmproducts.co.uk/index.php? ... &Itemid=29
Yarno
FAQ Team

Vehicle: Isuzu MU 93 V8 monster, Toyota Landcruiser 200 sahara. MU 1996 3.1.

Previous

Return to Engines and Exhaust