• Advertisement

leak from rear

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

leak from rear

Postby Powertruck31T » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey guys just wondering if anyone out there has had problems with the sump leaking around where the half moon seal sits between the sump and block on a 4JG2. I had the gearbox out last week and noticed oil tracking down the backing plate and was dripping onto the ground. Upon dismantling it I noticed the rubber half moon seal that squashes up between the block and sump was weaping out there. It almost looks like the seal has been pinched when I've installed it. It was all tightened up to factory spec and genuine rubber seal was used. It's a pain in the arse because of how they sit either means I have to pull the motor back out or try and do it in place which could be fun. Looks like the diff would have to be dropped and axles removed.

Has anyone done one of these in place or would it just be easier to pull the motor back out and do it on a stand?

Cheers

Jarrad
Powertruck31T
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 93 3.1 Mu 32" mudstars custom turbo setup, W2A intercooler, modified injector pump 2.5" exhaust system, LSD upgraded and the list goes on

Return to Engines and Exhaust