• Advertisement

Isuzu Wizard 1999 4Jx1 Oil n Oil Filter

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Isuzu Wizard 1999 4Jx1 Oil n Oil Filter

Postby rudini » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Hey there...

I need to change oil and oil fliter on my Isuzu Wizard and just wondering which one I need to buy... I know I should get genuine filter and the right oil... anyone knows where to get the filter(whats the name of both) in NZ and how much it would be all up for the two filter and around the 7,5l of oil(what kind and or name)... as I just got a quote today where they said it would be 385 NZD for oil change and filter(couldn't understand what type of oil they quoted) ... is that possibly right at this price or way to much?

Cheers
rudini
I'm only here for the information

City: WELLINGTON
Vehicle: ISUZU WIZARD 1999

Re: Isuzu Wizard 1999 4Jx1 Oil n Oil Filter

Postby geeves » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:36 am

385 NZD for oil change and filter(couldn't understand what type of oil they quoted)

Was that from Sawyou Cummin Motors?

For the oil these engines do like a full synthetic diesel oil and 5w40 grade so $50 to 60 for 5l is typical and as you say you need about 7.5. You can get it in 10l packs Mobil one is as good as anything else
Filter There are 2 although the smaller one doesnt need changing every time. All the Auto parts shops should be able to look the filter up in a book with no effort. (ie repco bnt hut city auto parts super cheap etc)
The main filter will cost around $40 the small one about $10
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: Isuzu Wizard 1999 4Jx1 Oil n Oil Filter

Postby rudini » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Cheers man!...

I really can"t remember what brand of oil he talked about on the phone...but he would charge 27 for one genuine filter and 58 for the other...means the rest would have been around 300nzd for the oil which is more than 40nzd per liter :(

Yep...I guess I will buy the 10l u advised!
Thx again!
Tilo
rudini
I'm only here for the information

City: WELLINGTON
Vehicle: ISUZU WIZARD 1999

Return to Engines and Exhaust