• Advertisement

CLAYTO™'s 4JG2 to 4JJ1 conversion/resto

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Re: CLAYTO™'s 4JG2 to 4JJ1 conversion/resto

Postby stardog » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Call me old school I was never a big fan of autos in a 4x4 but since I bought the wizard im starting to like them a lot more.
When I first bought it I thought about doing a conversion to manual but will keep it auto so easy to drive around the city haven't taken it out bush or the beach yet but that will happen soon.
Going to do a few more things over the Christmas break to it when I get a chance.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby claypot75 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:53 am

stardog wrote:Call me old school I was never a big fan of autos in a 4x4 but since I bought the wizard im starting to like them a lot more.
When I first bought it I thought about doing a conversion to manual but will keep it auto so easy to drive around the city haven't taken it out bush or the beach yet but that will happen soon.
Going to do a few more things over the Christmas break to it when I get a chance.

I was always a manual man too. Had reduction gears in my box too, so I really saw no need to go auto. Kinda liking it though
claypot75
Isuzu Baby

City: Lilydale
Vehicle: 1992 Holden Jackaroo 3.0

Postby stardog » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:36 pm

The other thing about auto you cant tow or push start them but with a dual battery system you can jump start them im looking at a ctek 250s DC-DC charger to put in the wizard soon a bit pricey but has great reviews how they perform plus you can charge with a solar panel as well.
As I intend to keep the wizard for a long time I don't mind putting a few dollars into it great to drive good to park around town I've put a intercooler on it and bonnet scoop as well and done up the front end with ball joints and tie rod ends and a wheel alignment drives like a new truck.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby Cartaoro » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 am

Nice work clayto. Amazing
Cartaoro
Isuzu Baby

City: Agüimes
Vehicle: I have 2
Isuzu campo 2.5 4ja1-tc with 31x10,5 r15
Isuzu Trooper 3.0 4jx1

Postby gareth12 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Reviving an old thread here, They are getting some great numbers from these engines!! with minimal work. A mate has sked me to wire one up for hom. just wondered if you could share anything for getting them running standalone. Did you have to contend with any ecu security? or did you run most of the wiring from the donor to avoid that
gareth12
I'm only here for the information

City: Katoomba
Vehicle: rat rod with 4jj1

Postby stardog » Sun May 03, 2020 8:33 pm

I forgot about this thread good to see some new interest in it.
If my 3.1 didn't run so well could be an option but then again a LS1 might be a good mod.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Previous

Return to Engines and Exhaust