• Advertisement

RHB5/VI95 Turbo fitment issues to exhaust manifold

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

RHB5/VI95 Turbo fitment issues to exhaust manifold

Postby Rolledeo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:11 am

Hey guys,

Long story short I had a custom turbo built for my 2.8 rodeo which currently runs a RHF5 turbo stock, now when I had this built I was under the impression that the new turbo (IHI VI95) would be a straight forward bolt on mod, but upon taking my old turbo off it and comparing it to the new one the flange pattern is bigger (its still a square 4 bolt pattern though) and the actual exhaust inlet is bigger in the turbo so it wont bolt on at all, my question is, is there another exhaust manifold that was made on the earlier model 4JB1 motors with a larger outlet for the turbo or do i need a manifold off of another motor? Any help greatly appreciated because im stumped here :?:
Rolledeo
Isuzu Baby

City: Bunbury
Vehicle: 1998 Rodeo spacecab ute

Re: RHB5/VI95 Turbo fitment issues to exhaust manifold

Postby geeves » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

whoever built the turbo should be able to tell you what that flange is and from there the options are send it back for the flange you should of been supplied or a manifold from a belt drive 4jb1 (Mu or intercooled Bighorn) or 4jg2 engine. The manifold could be the easy option
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: RHB5/VI95 Turbo fitment issues to exhaust manifold

Postby Rolledeo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks for the help geeves, turns out the earlier rodeos running the RHB5 turbo had a larger exhaust port on the manifold which bolts up to the turbo which is where my problem was, the oil return line also has a slightly different flange pattern which I then found out I had to change too,I managed to get both parts from a wreckers but shes up and running again and boosting a little harder, 12mm injector pump next and then tune it to 16 psi :D
Rolledeo
Isuzu Baby

City: Bunbury
Vehicle: 1998 Rodeo spacecab ute

Return to Engines and Exhaust