• Advertisement

Cam Belt tensioner spring

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Cam Belt tensioner spring

Postby tertle » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Ok I've been battling away in my spare time with fixing up an old trooper, Please remember i am not at all mechanically minded BUT for the love of god there must be an easy way to get that damn spring on the pully and the housing!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: Cam Belt tensioner spring

Postby isuzurob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:29 pm

take the belt off, fit the spring and tensioner, bar the tensioner over with a bar or big screwdriver do up lock bolt, fit belt then undo lock bolt let tensioner go do bolt up, rotate motor over check marks and undo then do up tensioner bolt again
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Cam Belt tensioner spring

Postby tertle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 pm

thanks was really hesitant to leverage against the tensioner but got "annoyed" with it and did as exactly as you wrote earlier today, and good lord it was simple! the good thing is that i got the engine ticking over and its going a treat!
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Return to Engines and Exhaust