• Advertisement

Aftermarket coolant temperature sender

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Aftermarket coolant temperature sender

Postby magicdeo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Gday fellas. I am mounting a redarc gauge to my 4jb1t and i am having trouble deciding where to mount my coolant sender. I bought an adaptor plug which i planned on putting into where the factory sender is but the new sender isnt long enough to protrude out the end of the adaptor plug so i figure its a waste of time. Has anyone got any photos of where they have mounted one? Cheers
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Re: Aftermarket coolant temperature sender

Postby isuzurob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:18 pm

has to be below the thermostat, i fitted mine to the factory sensor hole in my old bighorn and machined an adaptor out of brass, i used a auto meter gauge so sensor may have been abit longer
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Re: Aftermarket coolant temperature sender

Postby magicdeo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:35 am

Do you remember the size of the thread so i can confirm i have bought the right one without taking the old one out to check it? I am also thinking that as an option, the one i bought is fairly thick, i could get away with it being a lot smaller
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Return to Engines and Exhaust