• Advertisement

4JX1 to 4JH1 conversation

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

4JX1 to 4JH1 conversation

Postby Sickmind » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello guys, I become something like a big fan of this brand in two years. I started my story with Trooper 2001 equipped with 4JX1 and MT. Later i bought and TFS/Pick-up with 4JA1 for a total restoration, but it's another project.
So i had the most common problems with the 4JX1 like a lot of diesel in the sump, some problems with the wiring harness of the injectors, o-ring on the oil feeding pipes in the sump, broken Dual-mass Flywheel. I repaired and modified everything till the moment when for 7 months I lost 2 turbos - one original second hand and one chinese cartridge, and also blowing a lot of oil in the air intake before the turbine. So I decide to see whats happening in the engine inside. And I found all the cylynders are almost over the limit of worn and the 3rd had vertical scratches (later i can put and the measurements)
SO.. I decided to make a engine swap. First of all i was thinking for 4JB1, then i found a crashed D-max 2007 with 4JH1. 4JH1 will cost me something like 100-150$ more, so the price is not the main. The main problem is that i can not find service manual for 4JH1 and to compare the bell housing and the mounts of the engine.
I will be very thankful for any information about if the manual transmission will fit to the new engine, is the flywheels are the same and everything useful for this swap.
Thank you and greetings from Bulgaria!
Tr.jpg
Tf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sickmind
Isuzu Baby

City: Stara Zagora
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper 2001 4JX1, Isuzu TFS 1991 4JA1, Isuzu Dmax 2010 4JH1

Re: 4JX1 to 4JH1 conversation

Postby geeves » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:43 am

My understanding is they are the same but cant confirm. Of course the easy way if the dmax is 4wd is to use the gearbox as well
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 4JX1 to 4JH1 conversation

Postby Sickmind » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm not sure if the gearbox form the Dmax is still available.
Already have the service manual for 4JH1. This engine is equipped with MUA gearbox, and my Trooper 4JX1 now is with MUX (pull type clutch). So in this case i will need my pressure plate or may be the whole assembly with the flywheel (converted to solid already)?
If somebody need the service manual just msg me.

This is the progress till now..
trp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sickmind
Isuzu Baby

City: Stara Zagora
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper 2001 4JX1, Isuzu TFS 1991 4JA1, Isuzu Dmax 2010 4JH1

Return to Engines and Exhaust