• Advertisement

Turning up Injector Pump JMC 2.8 Direct Injection Diesel

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Turning up Injector Pump JMC 2.8 Direct Injection Diesel

Postby Chickadee » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:17 am

The truck seems to be lacking in power,so I was wandering if it ok to turn up injector pump on this engine. If it's ok how to accomplish turning up pump. The truck is a 2010 .thanks!
Chickadee
I'm only here for the information

City: Mirebalais
Vehicle: JMC 2.8 diesel

Re: Turning up Injector Pump JMC 2.8 Direct Injection Diesel

Postby geeves » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Is this a 4jb1 engine?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Justinsmiff » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:59 am

Hi Everyone I have a 4jb1-t in my rodeo and it has diesel knock badly so I have bought the dial gauge to check the timing. I have turned the engine over untill it gets to TDC on the compression stroke, set the gauge to 0 turn it clockwise and at BDC the gauge reads 0.28mm. the workshop manual says it should be 0.5mm... am I going about this the right way? And which way so I turn the pumpump to get the gauge to read 0.5mm?.
Cheers any help is appreciated.
Justinsmiff
I'm only here for the information

City: Whangarei
Vehicle: 2003 Holden rodeo

Postby isuzurob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Bit hard to explain on here but get it on tdc number 1 fit gauge, turn engine over abit til the needle stops moving set gauge to zero then turn engine clockwise up towards tdc again, should be 0.5mm at 11 degrees before tdc from memory which is around 1.2mm at tdc i think again
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby stardog » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Like rob said get no 1 piston on TDC set the plunger at 1mm on the small needle on the dial rotate engine anticlockwise about 45 degrees and till big needle stops moving.
Turn crankshaft again until 12 degree mark on harmonic balancer lines up again read where big needle is this will tell you how far out the timing is then loosen the bolts on pump moving pump toward the block advances it outwards retards it big needle needs to be set at .05 mm there should be 2 12mm bolts under the pump facing starter motor that needs to be loosened as well to move the pump then do all back up when timing is set.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Return to Engines and Exhaust