• Advertisement

4jb1t temp sensor

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

4jb1t temp sensor

Postby Pbsmu91 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Hey can someone please help me.
Has anyone brought a new sensor and where from cant find it anywhere tried autobarn and supercheap.
Its the sensor with the 2 wires on top of thermostat.
Thanks any help would be great. Live in northern N.S.W
Pbsmu91
I'm only here for the information

City: Goonellabah
Vehicle: 1991 mu 2.8td

Re: 4jb1t temp sensor

Postby tonkamu » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi, is that the very top big sensor? I had the same problem a few weeks ago the wires snapped off just to brittle.. I'm not exactly sure what the sensor is for but I've been told that you don't actually need it. I replaced mine anyway in hindsight it was a waste of money as I don't think it does anything? Most of the extra things on my 2.8t mu has been disconnected. I'm in the process of pulling out vaccum hoses and a/c. There is so much to take off.
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Re: 4jb1t temp sensor

Postby tonkamu » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Actually I think the sensor is a switch for the fast warm up flap in the downpipe to send some of the exhaust back into the engine to help warm it up faster. That sensor only will work if its below 10 degrees? And you also would have to turn the button on at the dash. That's my understanding I could be completely wrong.

I just disconnected that today, its the big ugly black diaphragm on the side of the turbo, can't wait to be able to pull that out and put in a larger downpipe.
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Return to Engines and Exhaust