• Advertisement

Isuzu Dmax blow-by issue

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

Isuzu Dmax blow-by issue

Postby tazmaan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Hello I have a 2016 Isuzu D-max Vcross 2.5 manual in India. The engine is remapped to make 170 bhp against 138 bhp stock and run 33000kms. I noticed there is some blowby when I open the oil cap, its strong enough to move the cap up and down (After engine has reached operating temperature). Oil consumption is 1 liter ever 5000 kms which has been the same since the truck was new.There is hardly any blow by at the dip stick only mild vapor, when I block the dip stick with my finger (oil cap closed) there is no pressure created. The fuel milage has never been better (approx 11.5 km/liter), there is no power loss, no unwanted noise and no oil residue and smoke from the exhaust. There was no exhaust smell from the engine when I did the above. Is it just me being paranoid or is there some issue with the engine? Is the blow by due to higher state of tune?

Most of my running is in 5th gear on highways with prolonged stints of 100 kmph.

The above doubt was created in my mind after I noticed the oil dip stick had popped out after I had just returned from a 1000 km journey. No oil splashes anywhere. There is a chance I left the dip stick loose on my last oil check.
tazmaan
I'm only here for the information

City: MUMBAI
Vehicle: Isuzu D-max Vcross 2.5 Manual

Re: Isuzu Dmax blow-by issue

Postby geeves » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:40 am

How often are you changing the oil? What oil do you use?
A little blowby is not normally an issue and the cap moving might of been engine vibration rather than pressure. The engine is barely run in.
My first Bighorn had quite bad blow by. Worse than you describe. It was also using about double your amount of oil. Changed the oil I was using to Dello Gold which is a synthetic oil and the blowby and oil consumption stopped. That oil though after a few changes caused a few seals to leak a little which can happen when you put synthetic oil into an old engine. Changed the Valvolene diesel Extra and the blowby stayed no existent except if working the engine hard the leaks stopped and oil consumption stayed below 1/2 litre per 5000km. It was still like that when I sold it at 240000km
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Engines and Exhaust