• Advertisement

help need part number

Getting the best performance from your Isuzu, the in's and out's

help need part number

Postby crazygary » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Isuzu has only imported med. trucks to the USA since 1991, so I have no access to a parts manual. I'm replacing a c223 with a 4JB1-T and need the manual transmission flywheel. I can order it through the Isuzu industrial division, but they have no automotive parts books. They do every thing by engine number and have no record of my engine. Every thing else bolts up. I'm building a pick up to run in this years BABE rally http://www.baberally.com. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
crazygary
Isuzu Baby

City: Fresno, CA
Vehicle: 1985 Isuzu Pup Diesel Pick up

Re: help need part number

Postby geeves » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

from the rules for this event
CONDITION OF VEHICLE

The car must have any inspection certificates/stickers as required by its state of registry. Certificate dates must be valid from not only the first day of the Rally but also through to the last day of the Rally. The car must also be able to pass any Police spot check. Although the car must be a banger, this doesn't mean it should be unfit for the road. The car must not be structurally modified. See also "SAFETY AND INSURANCE CERTIFICATES".

note "not structurally modified" I would take this as banning a motor swap
Not sure how we can get the part number for a flywheel but you should be able to get one second hand
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby crazygary » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

geeves wrote:from the rules for this event
CONDITION OF VEHICLE

note "not structurally modified" I would take this as banning a motor swap
Not sure how we can get the part number for a flywheel but you should be able to get one second hand

I ran last year #17 83 Mustang, and the "not structurally modified" is from people cutting the off roof in europe. last years winner are making a Wartburg/Posche/VW/Subaru for 2010, and a taco short of a combo meal. (see Streetsafari.com form). This is car construction as a art form. So tell me more about finding one?
crazygary
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

You could have issues getting one in the USA but try these people they might be able to freight one from NZ.
www.4x4isuzu.com
How did you end up with an engine without a flywheel?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby crazygary » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:21 am

I guess donor car was an automatic. I bought this "intresting" pile of #### as a project of lost intrest. The previous owner was making a Waste Vegitable Oil machine, so I got the truck, engine, 66 gallon tank, two heat exchangers, a Daveco biodiesel filter, and a box of plumbing fixtures for the price of the Davco $350. A great BABE Rallly find.

crazygary
Isuzu Baby

Return to Engines and Exhaust