• Advertisement

new tyres

For all suspension modifications

new tyres

Postby andrewward » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 am

which are the largest size wheels and tyres I can fit on my 91 MU with 2" suspension lift my standard ones are 31x10.5x15, i am thinking of fitting some new black KMC rockstar or black Monster 16",17" or 18" with no modification, which make tyres are best for on/offroad with comfy ride allround, thanks
andrewward
Isuzu Senior

City: Santa Venera
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 91, 2.8 TD

Re: new tyres

Postby Aldis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Usually most people use 18" tires for MU...
Even With 32" tires there is also no need to do modification in it,,,
Thanks
Aldis
Isuzu Baby

City: new york city
Vehicle: Honda s2000

Re: new tyres

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

The old rules still apply here.
The better you make your truck off road the worse it will be on road. This applies to tyres as well
I have no idea what sort of 4wding you get in Malta but have always thought it a hot dry place so no mud but lots of sand and rock. If this is the case then any all terrain tyre that is common over there should do the job. We could advise lots of tyres you just cant buy there. If there is mud then any of the MT type tyres should be good. Most brands are quite close but Cooper Kumo and Bridgestone have a good reputation. Send us pics of your typical terrain and the brand of a tyre you like the look of. Someone here will know someone that has used it.
For on road 18 inch rims can look good but you loose a lot of off road ability and tyre choice. If you want to use off road stick to 15 or 16 inch rims. You cant make a race car out of any 4wd
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension