• Advertisement

Saggy back end

For all suspension modifications

Saggy back end

Postby Gearbe » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:49 am

Hi All

My 99 Wizard is down abit at the back and sometimes hits the bump stops when going over a bump or judder bar with a load on the tow bar. I may be stating the obvious but I'm guessing that to fix this I need new coils and if I'm doing the coils i should be doing the shock as well. I suppose while I'm there I should do the same for the front so all is back to original? It's primarily a towing/hauling vehicle so don't really need additional lift but if I get some that a bonus.

Am I thinking in the right direction?

Recommended supplier for coils and shocks?
Gearbe
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1999 Isuzu MU Wizard 3.0 Turbo

Re: Saggy back end

Postby geeves » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:55 pm

front is torsion bar so adjustable with a can of crc and large socket. No need as such to change the shocks unless you want to but they are not horrendously expensive. For towing go for the heavy duty option if there is one
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Captcol » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

If it is only a problem when towing what about airbags inside the coils, inflate when towing, leave as is for normal driving
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby 4x4SWANNY » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 am

50mm lifted progressive coils go for about 200 on trade me..they will give you the load bearing and correct the sag...
A like geeves mentioned giving the front torsion bar adjusting bolts a few 1/4 turns in to level up truck will work fine..
Or go to the wreckers and get another pair of rear springs out of a much newer wizzard will give you back some of the sag..The newer the spring the less sag in theory ...OR even see if big horn springs are similar they way be heavier set..
You would have to take out a spring to get the Unloaded height before looking at bighorn ones though..
Oh well, can some one hook up the winch i cant open my door !!!!!!!!!
4x4SWANNY
Isuzu Senior

City: Waimate
Vehicle: Long wheel Base 93 ubs69 3.1 bighorn
33x12.5 rto3s 15inch off road. 265x75 16s on road.
9,000 winch, Customers bars all round including twin pipe Rock sliders
Front Guards and up over back wheels.
custom snorkle, Top mount 2nd alt above A/C pump
pro 530 AM CB, Etrex GPS Handheld UHF
TOOLS; 80 mtrs winch ability including winch cable, 2x snatch blocks. Snig/drag chain.
Lowerd front diff, Custom Ali front bash pan, Custom Gearbox to Mid Cross member Bash plate.
Rear trailing arm bracing.
Raised spare wheel holder. Highlift jack mount on back door.
Reinforced tank bash plate.

Return to Suspension