• Advertisement

TF Rodeo Body Lift Query

For all suspension modifications

TF Rodeo Body Lift Query

Postby emsliltruck » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey guys

I have a Rodeo with a 3-4" lift with upgraded torsions, calmini control arms, new leaf springs and extended shackles. I was thinking of getting rid of the shackles as I am aware they are illegal and for good reason (with potential for chassy damage and rolling). I have talked to someone I know and they had huge difficulties trying to fit the 2" body with a 2" suspension (had to adjust brake loading lines, safety pins on the chassy, splines on the steering, position of the gearbox and stick etc).

Has anyone else fitted 2" suspension and 2" body to a rodeo with no problems? I really want the 4" all round and am not going to bother with the effort if I can't have it or have issues with braking under load afterwards and reaching the gearstick.

So really my questions are:
Have you done it?
What, if anything extra did you have to do?
Is it worth the hassle?

Cheers
Em
02 3L iTD Holden Rodeo, 3" lift, Rancho s9000's, Snorkel, Hella spotties, CB, sound system.
emsliltruck
Isuzu Baby

City: Perth
Vehicle: 2002 Holden Rodeo 3L iTD Dual Cab (TF R9)

Re: TF Rodeo Body Lift Query

Postby slightlydodgy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:52 am

no probs just had to extend the underbody saftey loops
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby jellis » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:22 am

i had to cut and weld gearstick so it didnt hit on the body.
also when i did mine the vacuum line off the back of the alternator came off so i had no breaks,
so check that out before you drive it after putting in the lift.
cheers, Josh
jellis
Isuzu Guru

City: sydney
Vehicle: 1992 isuzu mu 2" lift all round
33"x 12.5 federal's

Postby slightlydodgy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:06 pm

sorry forgot about the gearlever untill I did the box and engine lift
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby emsliltruck » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for all your help guys! I ended up getting the Body Lift done over Xmas and decided after the issues mentioned to get it done by Wilko's over here in WA as I needed them to do some other work for me anyways (custom shims and refitting pins in suspension). They managed to fix the front camber issues so have 2.5-3" lift on the front and 4" on the back plus a 2" body lift all round. Finally at Hilux height lol. No broken CV's....yet. Also installed an auto lokka recently and looking forward to testing that out!
Em
02 3L iTD Holden Rodeo, 3" lift, Rancho s9000's, Snorkel, Hella spotties, CB, sound system.
emsliltruck
Isuzu Baby

City: Perth
Vehicle: 2002 Holden Rodeo 3L iTD Dual Cab (TF R9)

Return to Suspension