• Advertisement

TF 2wd front lift

For all suspension modifications

TF 2wd front lift

Postby masked » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi all, I'm after the best suggestions to get a better ride/more travel out of a 2wd TF front end. Apart from winding up torsion bars, which preferred shock, how heavy shock to put in e.t.c.
Also, will the top and bottom control arms from a 1995 2wd TF bolt in to a 1991 2wd? are they similar or same mounting? 95 being the V6 model should be a stronger suspension?
all suggestions taken into consideration and thanks for your input
masked
I'm only here for the information

City: Bredbo
Vehicle: 91 TF Rodeo 2wd duel cab converted-3.8 V6 auto 4.1lsd

Re: TF 2wd front lift

Postby geeves » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm

What are you trying to achieve? As far as I know the suspension will be the same between the 2 models but after market bars will be stiffer. High travel is not normally a characteristic that road cars want. Higher clearance is only useful in a couple of circumstances.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: TF 2wd front lift

Postby masked » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

trying to achieve a better ride. i've been informed that there is a difference in the shock, being somewhat heavier for the V6 model, and also 25 mm more travel. if this is true, and if the V6 arms fit the 4 cyl vehicle, this should get me a better ride, i was wondering if anyone else has messed about with this stuff.
masked
I'm only here for the information

City: Bredbo
Vehicle: 91 TF Rodeo 2wd duel cab converted-3.8 V6 auto 4.1lsd

Return to Suspension