• Advertisement

Lift Kit

For all suspension modifications

Lift Kit

Postby dozerfrelich » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello i have recently bought a 98 rodeo and i was wondering how can i lift it with out spending a lot of money. Any help will be gratefully appreciated! thank you!
dozerfrelich
I'm only here for the information

City: platteville
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS

Re: Lift Kit

Postby isuzurob » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:41 pm

just buy or make longer shackles for the rear leaf springs, and adjust the torision bars in the front so ute sits flat again, that is the cheapest option, best to fit leaves and shocks etc though
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby donandsylvia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:22 am

dozerfrelich wrote:Hello i have recently bought a 98 rodeo and i was wondering how can i lift it with out spending a lot of money. Any help will be gratefully appreciated! thank you!

Hi.dozer. Buy some +50mm coils springs; fit them in place of the standard coils. Crank up the front torsion bars.
Piece of cake. Have the wheel alignment done.
Cheers
Don
donandsylvia
I'm only here for the information

City: Tauranga
Vehicle: 98 MU

Postby geeves » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I wish the Americans didnt rename all there Isuzus. Over here a Rodeo is a Holden badged Isuzu ute or pick up truck. Over there it is a 5 door SUV not unlike our Frontera and Wizard. But there is a catch. I dont know about the 98 but the early SUV Rodeo had rear leaf springs in which case robs answer is correct but by 98 it may of changed to coils in the back in which case the last post is correct.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension