• Advertisement

has any body got this lift kit

For all suspension modifications

has any body got this lift kit

Postby stardog » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Just wondering if any one has used this and if it is any good.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-MU-4x4 ... 1474176473
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: has any body got this lift kit

Postby geeves » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 pm

First look at your upper ball joints. I suspect yours will have 3 bolts not 4. This means adding a pair of ball joints to the cost and remembering they are the earlier type each time you replace them in the future.
Very little info as to the manufacturer but it appears to come from Thailand and is similar to the old Calmini kit. Personally I would stick with a simple ball joint reposition which does 75% to 90% of what the front arms in the kit does and at no real cost. I see they are selling these arems on there own for 550 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-MU-4x4 ... 2a43f4cb5b

Rear Others disagree with me on this but Im not a fan of extended shackles for 3 reasons.
First they lift your existing springs by amount x In this case 3 inches but if your springs have sagged by 2 inches you are still only 1 inch higher than standard
Second each inch you raise is done by extending the shackle 2 inches A 3 inch lift takes the original 4 inch shackle and makes it 10 inches. What you gained under the sills just disapeared at the rear end
Third all that extra length puts a lot of extra stress on the rear mount. Ive not heard of them breaking but you never know.
Do a hunt for new Rodeo springs instead.
My formulae for a 2 inch lift is ball joint flip up front and adjust the torsion bars. Only replace shocks if worn. Then new springs at the rear. I used Lovells when I did mine but thats only one of many good brands. For the Mu get Rodeo with 50mm lift but not heavy duty. Check your shocks after fitting springs by removing the bottom connection to the shock then lift the vehicle under the chassis till the wheel is off the ground. If the shock is longer than needed to go back on the mount the shocks do not need to be replaced unless worn
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby topgun94 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 am

Overpriced for the arm? When as geeves said - ball joint flip does the same thing.
Extended shackles do give you better flex but stick out like buck teeth behind the car (not a good thing with Aussie cops). I also had a lot my body roll on shackles. I have gone to 40mm jackaroo springs. Great ride / flex compromise
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

City: BRISBANE
Vehicle: 1991 ISUZU MU. 4JB1T, Boosted, Intercooled, MIG front locker, Rear LSD, Reduction Gears, Stock Height but 33" muds

Postby 98Rodeo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:26 pm

I've got the calmini upper arms, they from memory are $700 just for the upper arms, its another 230 or something for the shackles.

If you are planning on lifting more than 2 inches I'd go with the arms, the only issue with mine were the calmini bushes were made of cheese, so pressed some nolathane ones in there. (if you lift more than 2 inches you will likely need to drop the diff, after installing my diff drop brackets I'd recommend doing spacers without taking the diff out of the car)
I also 40mm lifted rear springs with 40mm lifted shackles in the back. Seems to go ok and fits 33's in the back on offset rims without rubbing.
No body lift in it either.
98Rodeo
Isuzu Master

City: Perth
Vehicle: 98 Turbo Diesel Rodeo Dual Cab

Return to Suspension