• Advertisement

How to get more front lift APART from winding torsions

For all suspension modifications

How to get more front lift APART from winding torsions

Postby MUwith35s » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 am

Hi all i have a 92 mu and i have put 35s on it. I want to know how to get a suspension lift out of the front tho? i have done lifted leaves and shackles on rear to get 65mm lift, also done a 50mm body lift. Have also put 35mm spacers on all wheels to try clear more. But jacking the torsions up front to suit the rear lift works but its a reeeeally bumpy ride. Do i need to replace the shocks with coilovers and use torsions as well as coilovers? Its a mu ute and looks mean on the 35s but yea its not really driveable with torsions so high haha
MUwith35s
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: !992 Isuzu MU Ute 2.6 petrol manual

Re: How to get more front lift APART from winding torsions

Postby dani4jb1t » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:15 pm

If you still want to keep your IFS, then I guess one of these Thai kits are the kind of thing you are looking for. They are expensive and they require a mayor labor to fit them. If you need pictures, I can upload couple of them. I would recommend better going for a Solid axle swap because it's easier and stronger.
dani4jb1t
Isuzu Junior

City: Antofagasta
Vehicle: '93 TFS55, Solid front axle, Dual fuel tank, On board air system, Teralow 3:1, 235/85/R16

Re: How to get more front lift APART from winding torsions

Postby geeves » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:29 pm

I would agree with dani. Too many weak points when you lift that high. Not a show of getting it road legal either. SOA will get round this but its lots of serious engineering. Once you go 35s you have gearing problems as well
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension