• Advertisement

Wizard 2001 front suspension bushes

For all suspension modifications

Wizard 2001 front suspension bushes

Postby armuisuzu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi
My 2001 Wizard 3.0L, dohc 4JX1 turbo diesel, UES73SW4 developed a knocking sound on the right side on turning. The mechanic raised the front end, shook the wheel a bit, found a bit of play on the top suspension bushes and says they need replacement. I live in Fiji and can't find the part here. It is difficult to find Isuzu Wizard parts online and I don't have the part number. Wikipedia and other sources say the Wizard is rebadged (rose by any other name) as the:

Chevrolet Frontera
Isuzu Amigo
Isuzu Rodeo
Holden Frontera
Opel Frontera
Vauxhall Frontera

Is that really true? If I find and buy a front suspension bush for these vehicles, will it fit my Isuzu?

Do you recommend I ring up Nolathane (http://www.nolathane.com.au) and ask them for polyurethane bushes? Will they work?

Any information would be appreciated. Also if anyone can give me the part number. Or if I can get the manual for the suspension so I can locate the part number myself.

My technical expertise is limited to just understanding how complex these vehicles are and the remarkable expertise and knowledge of people on this forum.

Cheers
armuisuzu
Isuzu Baby

City: Lautoka
Vehicle: Isuzu Wizard Diesel 2001

Re: Wizard 2001 front suspension bushes

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

dont know the chevy frontera but quite likely. The Amigo is a 3 door version otherwise all of the above. Wizard is the domestic japan model name with various types of Frontera internationaly. Nolothane should have no issue matching these bushes. Biggest issue will be getting the old rubber ones out
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Suspension