• Advertisement

FINALLY GOT RAISED LEAFS INSTALLED!

For all suspension modifications

Re: FINALLY GOT RAISED LEAFS INSTALLED!

Postby isuzurob » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 am

look up my bighorn post its all on there, yes that photo is correct but done very bad, mine look factory still, yes it is meant to be certed as you have to modify the front suspension cross member aswell, the cert guy hasnt picked up on both of the trucks i got certed tho
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 am

Diff drop isnt suspension or steering so if you can get away without modifying the cross member it shouldnt need cert although a ball joint flip is a suspension mod that should be certed so if your wof guy sees it (he wont) he will send you to the certifier
As soon as you touch the cross member its a chassis mod even though that cross member is bolted on.
I have a spare cross member at home if you need it
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby SamMu93 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Well thats good news I guess! Ill take some of this info to mr mechanic and see if he can do magical things with it...
I doubt he would be keen to modify the brackets but then again he be a wizard with his welder, who knows.
It will be nice when this is all over... Then I can start another frustrating modification!
SamMu93
Isuzu Junior

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 93 Isuzu Mu 2.8 TD
Rodeo 3" dump pipe off turbo
2.5" Exhaust to tip
Bighorn intercooler
Tweaked fuel pump
Boost tap (15psi)
Egt monitor installed
Rear: 2" lifted leaf springs
Front: Wound torsion bars, dropped front diff, flipped ball joints, cut upper bump stop

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:20 am

In Wellington anything 4wd engineering related can be taken to Howat engineering in Naenae. Brian has been involved in 4wding for ever and builds trials trucks.
If he remakes those brackets they will not break
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby SamMu93 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:21 am

Naenae, thats pretty out of the way for me during the week- will see how this work comes out tomorrow.
Good to know Geeves.
SamMu93
Isuzu Junior

2.5" Exhaust to tip
Bighorn intercooler
Tweaked fuel pump
Boost tap (15psi)
Egt monitor installed
Front: Wound torsion bars, dropped front diff, flipped ball joints, cut upper bump stop

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:18 pm

You may of watched this video before. Suffice to say this truck was built by Brian Howat the 2 drivers were taken away to be checked out but were ok and the truck was racing in the next even 3 weeks later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNFI2KZ-99w
You wonder why he is so well regarded in Wellington
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby SamMu93 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Got the truck back, removed 1 leaf from each side in the rear which dropped the rear slightly and softened it alot. Happy with that result.
I gave the mechanics 2 sets of spacers to try on the front and they got the 10mm ones in with no adverse effects. They also lovwered the front to match the now lower back. All and all the front is lower but much softer and minimal cv angle!
Im pretty happy with all of todays work. Was pretty cheap aswell so I'll get the body lift kit installed soon!
SamMu93
Isuzu Junior

2.5" Exhaust to tip
Bighorn intercooler
Tweaked fuel pump
Boost tap (15psi)
Egt monitor installed

Previous

Return to Suspension