• Advertisement

Air Bag Suspension

For all suspension modifications

Air Bag Suspension

Postby geokep » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi guys im look for air bag suspension, looking to make it so i can tow my boat & trailer weights around 1800 -2000kg. any ideas of were i can get a kit to suit.

Any help would be great

Geokep :?:
geokep
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: Mu 1993 3.1 Auto, Ironman Bull Bar and 14000lbs winch. Aig bag Suspension. UHF, Elec Brake controller. Tow bar, 2 Inch Body Lift Kit, Twin Thermo fans.

Re: Air Bag Suspension

Postby OzLuvTrucker » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Not my eBay store. Nill association.

Load assist air bags. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOSS-Air-Bags-Ho ... 7277wt_870
OzLuvTrucker
Isuzu Baby

City: Adelaide
Vehicle: 1980 KBD40 Isuzu Utility aka Chevy Luv

Postby geeves » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 am

They look like the answer for towing and for load carrying they are the way to go.
The only minus is that because they are fixed to the chassis and spring they limit articulation which reduces off road abilities. If your not useing off road this aint a problem
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby geokep » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 am

yes still using off road, Some one has told me of air shocks what do you guys think of them? i just want some thing that i can jack up is need be. i also put a 2icnh lift kit on yesterday if that is going to make a difference to what i am trying to do.
geokep
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: Mu 1993 3.1 Auto, Ironman Bull Bar and 14000lbs winch. Aig bag Suspension. UHF, Elec Brake controller. Tow bar, 2 Inch Body Lift Kit, Twin Thermo fans.

Postby Witchdoctor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Geokep,

I had Firestone bags in my Courier for load assist when the camper box is on. When I had all the suspension re done we gained a lift unrepentantly, this now meant the bags would not fit & the company that supplied the bags did not do a double bag kit for my truck, no further help was offered or given.
I now have Boss bags on the truck & love them so fare they have traveled 12000K's with the camper on. The help & service was excellent from Boss.

Contact David from Boss Air Suspension 5610174 on the Gold Coast.

Cheers David
Witchdoctor
Isuzu Baby

City: Gold Coast
Vehicle: 04 XLT Ford Courier Extra cab

Postby dasnoboarder » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Those airbags sound like the best solution, otherwise you can get Rancho adjustable shocks, and even an in-cab adjustable system for them.
dasnoboarder
Isuzu Master

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8L 4JB1TI

Postby nig99 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I got a pair of airbags from ProBag at Dapto - they work great, run 0 psi most of the time, but when I have the camper on the back (about a half ton or so) put about 35 psi in them and the ride height is back where it should be - had them on my last truck previously, they seem to last just fine and dont leak their pressure out
http://www.probag.com.au/4wd.html#assist

About $450 when I bought them a couple of years ago, and much better value than the under-enginnered Polyairs they make for leaf springs
nig99
Isuzu Baby

City: Shannons Flat, NSW
Vehicle: 2009 D-Max dual cab diesel tray-back

Postby nig99 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

geokep wrote:yes still using off road, Some one has told me of air shocks what do you guys think of them? i just want some thing that i can jack up is need be. i also put a 2icnh lift kit on yesterday if that is going to make a difference to what i am trying to do.

The problem with air shocks is that the shock mounts need re-inforcing to take the load - they are not designed to hold a load over a period of time, just short term movement as you hit a bump and thats it.
nig99
Isuzu Baby

City: Shannons Flat, NSW
Vehicle: 2009 D-Max dual cab diesel tray-back

Postby geokep » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 am

thanks guys for the info, the guys with the link on ebay did not want to know about me and lost out on a sales for $525.00 tough luck to them, so i tracked down Boss on the gold coast and got Dave down there he was fantastic and the kit they sell for the Rodeo LA09 work bolted straight on with no problem whats so ever. big couple of days 2inch lift kit and Air bags whats next Bull bar any one have one going cheap to suit a winch. once again Guys thanks for the input. what a great forum we have here wish more of the world was like this place.

Geokep
geokep
Isuzu Baby

Return to Suspension